What An Opportunity!
There is literally less than one hour to go before I say good by to my twenties for ever! Deep breath. I can honestly say that in my twenties I have had an amazing journey were I have learnt so many things and experienced marked growth emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically. As I enter my “dirty thirties” I wanted to share some of my learnings in no particular order:
- Create Amazing And Lasting Friendships – If you are in my ‘circle of trust’ I consider you to be my ride or die: someone that I can divulge my deepest, darkest thoughts, feelings, insecurities, highs etc. You are someone that makes me laugh and cry, someone times all at the same damn time but my life would not be complete without you. They may not be many say a hand full of them, but I cherish them with everything I have.
- Cultivate A Career – Everyone is good at something. Whilst I strongly encourage some form of tertiary qualification (gives a competitive advantage), follow your heart and your passion even in your studies. I firmly believe that if you do what you like day in day out – the money will eventually come.
- Love Like Your Heart Will Never Be Broken – In twenties you are guaranteed to fall in love with someone that you feel like you will be with forever, forever – ever ever? You give your all emotionally, mentally and physically but it will end in tears and a heartache that seems to really throb painfully only when you are on your own. The fortunate thing is you will learn some valuable relationship lessons that you will take with you to your next relationship. You will navigate through this new mature relationship with new found ease because you understand what you like and what you don’t like and more importantly are able to communicate your thoughts, feelings and COMPROMISE!
- Invest In Something – Buy a piece of property, your dream car or save, save, save etc. Making solid financial moves is something you need to be thinking about and acting on. You know what they say – No romance without finance…
- Travel/Live Overseas – I think I caught the travel bug early on (got it from my daddy) and I think its fair to say I am well travelled for someone my age. Each time I travelled I was lucky enough to see and appreciate the differences in culture,food, transport, surroundings, communication etc. Everytime I returned to Australia, I knew there was no place like home.
- Own A Pet – Whenever I think of the pet I owned it bring such joy in my heart, He was dog (half chihuahua/half sausage dog). The love that animals can provide is just like no other. In owning my pet I learnt to have patience, be empathetic and to be more responsible. I learnt how to understand the needs of something that could not communicate verbally by looking for other cues. Although its like looking after a 2 or 3 year old permanently, its such a joyous experience.
- Party Its Your Perogative – No lie in my youth nothing made me happier than to be out somewhere with a group friends, freak em dress wrapped around my body and an adult beverage in my hand – talking, laughing and dancing the night away. It used to give me so much joy. Now a days i rarely go out and a big night out can take me almost as long as a patient who has had day surgery to recover.
Well that’s just some of the things I wanted to share, the count down starts now, I am holding my breath in anticipation!
Dress – Ally, Necklace – Tiffany & Co, Belt – Portmans, Shoes – Myer