If you remember some time last year, I wrote a blog post on how Pretty Hurts – revealing that I spend on average two and half weeks of the year doing my hair. It goes like this – when I get my new hairstyle its hard not to feel like a boss. At week four sometimes five the hair starts wearing in. Then the dreaded thought of having to redo my hair – this leaves me in quite a state. Not only is it time consuming – at times it can be quite expensive (when you factor in hair purchase, fee for the stylist to install the hair), not to mention the maintenance of the hair slash style just so that you can break even in your “cost of hair style” equation. I feel ridiculous even writing that…. So as you can see, this year had to be different.
Over the last few months I have been doing research on hairstyles that not only look good but are also low maintenance. On the low I came across Kurly Klips. So what are curly clips? Kurly Klips are clip-in extensions made from 100% Remy Human Hair. A Kurly Klips Extension Set includes:
- 115g/4oz of hair
- 10” long weft, (1) 6” long weft, (5) 3” long weft
It is recommended that you buy two sets so you have a full head and not look like a plucked chicken. How does it work? Well each weft of hair has snap clips sewn on them. This is how the wefts are attached to your own hair. You simply open all the snaps, attach them to your hair, and snap them closed. I would suggest cornrowing your hair to protect your hair then attaching the clips to the braids.
Kurly Klips takes about five minutes to put in and take out. No more waiting three months to touch your hair again. With Kurly Klips, you have the ability to administer all the love and care your natural hair needs daily.
- It takes me about five minutes to go from a mini fro to extra full BIG and lustrous locks – yaassssss!
- I have heard of people not paying their bills but their hair is looking like the just stepped off the red carpet! Fret no more – with Kurly Klips you will instantly eliminate the cost of hair installation and time spent installing and removing weaves
- Believe it or not, the Kurly Klips attach securely on your head. They are Dutty Wine tested and approved.
- I am really big on customer service, if you are not providing me with quality customer service, simply put you do not deserve my money. Lana the product owner is exceptional, always at hand to answer questions before and after you make a purchase.
- Money is definitely a factor when it comes to Kurly Klips, starting at $US300 plus for a Kurly Klips Extension Set – most people would quickly log out after seeing the checkout price; save up its worth it!
- The hair will tangle, FACT OF LIFE, its human hair. If you follow the maintenance instructions and treat it as if its hair that is growing from your scalp – you will be fine…
- At first I was really frustrated by my inability to blend my hair – but with about a week of installing and taking out the clips it is now hard to distinguish between my hair and the Kurly Klips
When I was raving about the Kurly Klips, one of my friends simply states – “this is just another one of your hair phases”. I can honestly say this hairstyling technique had revolutionised my hair regime. It something that I genuinely like the look of and the price I paid for it – I will definitely make sure I get a return of investment.
My name is Tinashe and I am wearing the Shoulder Chic Fro.