I love food. Food, to me, is life.
Catch me when I am hungry and I am whole different person – not as talkative, or worse, super argumentative, even about the smallest things. I think they coined a term for that – Hangry.
Luckily, I love to cook just as much as I love to eat – a dangerous combination, especially for any weight loss journey!
Our mini person enjoys a feed and my god does she have an appetite! This means I have to have healthy and tasty options for her to snack on in between her main meals.
Enter the frittata! I have created a very simple recipe with easy to follow instructions that will result in scrumptious frittatas!
- 6 EGGS
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup Low fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped red peppers
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
1. HEAT oven to 250 degrees.
2. BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl until well-blended.
3. ADD cheese, zucchini, bell pepper and onion; mix well.
4. SPOON evenly into 12 greased muffin cups, about 1/4 way up each cup.
5. BAKE in oven until just set, 20 to 22 minutes.
6. COOL on wire rack for 5 minutes.
7. REMOVE from cups; serve warm.
This recipe has become a lifesaver in our household – plus we, the parents, enjoy them too!
Do you have any recipes to share? I would love to hear from you…