I have read that there are serious health dangers for women who regularly wear high heels, especially when they wear them to work daily – that’s about 90% of women I know. Wait for it – excessive heel-wearing can even cause changes in the toe joints, or cause degenerative arthritis in the middle of the foot. My eyes are wide open, that’s a scary thought yet as woman I continue to take the risk.
I was curious to find out why women, like me wear heels so I asked my friends. Below you will find the top five reasons why my inner circle wear heels:
- Feel more dressed up and professional at work
- Makes their legs look longer and leaner
- A real confidence booster allowing them to embrace their inner “boss”
- Heels take their outfits to another level allowing them to feel glamorous and sexier
- It encourages them to walk in a more feminine way
I have to admit I am no different, I agree with most of the reasons listed above. During the working week it is rare that you will see me wearing flats – at 163cm who would blame me right?
Now that I have a baby on board I have to reconsider my shoe options to not only balance myself but also to make it easier to get around. I am often tempted to wear heels daily but my swollen feet say a resounding NO. For now my body and I have come to a compromise – I will wear heels every other day.
Hat – Sportsgirl – Top – H&M, Maternity Leggings – ASOS. Boots – Wittner.